Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

07 SEP 11

Art...
Naomi, the singer in my new band, is also an art teacher.
After practice one day, we got to talking about art and poetry.
Since I dabble in both, she asked to see some of my work.
I showed her some copies of my digital art work and the first
thing she said was, "When are you going to have a showing?"
She thinks the work is that good.
I'm not so sure.

I'm going to link to a couple of pictures and ask what readers think:

China_01 - I scanned this page from a book, then manipulated it with PhotoShop.

China_02 - My first manipulation of the book page... into a framed silk wall hanging.

China_03 - The second manipulation... a gouache-type art print.

China_04  - Thirdly... turned the first manipulation into a framed egg-shape.

China_05  - Fourth manipulation... modern art.

China_06  - Yet another manipulation... green silk wall hanging, w/modern frame.

China_ 07  - A manipulation in black & red.

Warpaint  - Native American, a Plains Tribal Member... developed from a napkin doodle.

Any questions or critiques?

-Fini

PS:
These all began life as Windows desktop wallpapers, originally produced in the .bmp format.

No comments:

Post a Comment