Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

20 FEB 12

Ping. . . Pong. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ping!
Random thoughts on the eve of my 66th birthday...

It was a beautiful day in New York today...
41 degrees and an absolutely clear sky.
No snow... and none in the forecast.
The temperature is expected to remain
above freezing for the foreseeable future.
I've been lucky. I'm still driving on my
summer tires. Was too lazy to get up early
and get my butt to the dealer to have the snows
mounted. I normally adhere to a set schedule
of swapping tires in November and May.
Like I said... I've been lucky.
(Watch, it'll snow 24 inches on the last day of April.)                    
                 _________________

Food...
My diet is healthier than it used to be.
Before the heart attack, I ate all the,
now recognized, wrong foods... all the time.
(Plus, I smoked cigarettes, 2 packs a day.)

Things I rarely eat today:
  • Pepperoni Pizza
  • Pancakes & sausage
  • Bacon & eggs w/coffee & toast
  • Roast beef & mashed potatoes
  • Donuts... sweets in general
  • Fried chicken w/fries
  • Italian combo sub sandwiches
  • Hot dogs w/chips
What I eat nowadays may not be near as tasty...
but it is better for me.
(Don't smoke anymore either. Gave it up in 2000... after 40+ years.)

My breakfast once consisted of coffee & cigarette...
followed by bacon/egg/cheese on a roll.
(Hold the catsup, please.)
My breakfast, now, is usually oatmeal, tea, juice...
small portions.
Around 10 A.M. I'll have either an apple or
peanut-butter sandwich w/water or juice.
Lunch could be turkey on rye, w/lettuce & mayo.
At 3 P.M. it's time for tea and maybe some cheese.
Dinner might be soup w/crusty bread.
There's applesauce at 9 P.M.
(There's, also, my morning and evening meds...
taken with water or juice.)
I had cancer surgery in 2001.
They removed most of my esophagus and part of my stomach.
What remains is a very small stomach that restricts the amount
I can eat at any one sitting.
So, I tend to graze all day long... eating small amounts.
It works for me.
I haven't lost any weight to speak of.

                        ( That's all folks... no Ping! )

-Fini

PS:
Am also dealing with Type-2 diabetes.
AND. . . this still applies:
http://jmawelsh.blogspot.com/2011/07/21-aug-09.html

                                 ( ... Ping! )

No comments:

Post a Comment