Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

29 FEB 12

"Morning comes early. . ."
Was awake at 2, this AM.
Remained up and around until after 4...
that's when I flopped down in my recliner
and dozed off.

Every action has a consequence...
ended up, asleep, on the sofa 'til after 11.
Woke to TV noises from the kitchen and a falling
snow outside.

It's now nearly 1 in the afternoon and my body/mind
connection is not yet fully engaged.
Methinks that more caffeine is called for.
                       ____________________

**Former lead singer for The Monkees, Davy Jones, has died.
More so than Whitney Houston's death...
this one affects me for a hundred different reasons.
Davy Jones and I... we were contemporaries.
My life, in the mid '60s, had The Monkees as part of the soundtrack.
I came of age listening to, and playing, their songs.

He was 66.
He died of a heart attack... yeah, we're contemporaries.

R.I.P., Davy. You'll be missed.

             I'm A Believer - The Monkees
                         ____________________

Evening,
and darkness falls.
The snow has turned to rain
and everything seems dismal outside.
Am still doing some chores... laundry mostly.
Am going to wait 'til tomorrow to pick up the mail.
Don't want to venture walking on the driveway.
It's down hill to the road.
I've fallen too many times when there's snow or ice.
Haven't broken anything... yet.
Want to keep it that way.
                       
                       ( ... last train to Clarksville. ) 

-Fini

No comments:

Post a Comment