Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 27, 2012

27 FEB 12

A NASCAR Monday. . .
The Daytona 500 is being run right now.
It's being shown on FOX Channel 5.
Never have been a NASCAR fan.
Though, I do admire the drivers.
This is one competition where people can, oh so easily, die.
The cars approach 200 mph.
But, I find it boring.
If I want to watch cars blowing past me at high speed,
I can go stand in a Turnpike Rest Area and stare at
the passing parade on the roadway.
Bottom line... I don't care who wins the 500.
I don't care that the race is being run.
I only noticed it being run tonight because the scheduled
programming was preempted.
I hope this does not become the norm.

                                  ( Zoom Zoom )

-Fini

PS:
And, I know that NASCAR fans will "boo" me for this attitude.
(Don't watch hockey, arena football, basketball... nor ANY college sports either.)
(The only sports that I care anything about are pro baseball and pro football... especially at play-off time... and The Iditarod.)

No comments:

Post a Comment