Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 22, 2011

22 AUG 11

Watching football.
Chicago at NY Giants.
I like football and am happy to have the new season arrive.
BUT... I've never understood the pre-season game syndrome.
Why risk a star (read: expensive) player being hurt, and out for the season,
for a game that means NOTHING?
The TV networks must be having some influence here.
I believe that it's the same thing that influenced the decision to move the Pro Bowl...
why move it from post Super Bowl play to pre Super Bowl?
Methinks that TV needed something to fill the blank space in
their programming schedule during the two week football hiatus...
and pressure was brought to bear (not to mention the money).

-Fini

PS: All I can say is,  I'm gonna be pissed if Eli Manning gets hurt tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment