Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 14, 2011

30 OCT 09

If anybody comes here regularly, they must be wondering, "What's up? Where is this guy?"
It's been a long while, I know, since I've last blogged.
I just haven't had the mental "juice" to put down in words what's going on in my head.
Believe it or not... writing takes energy.
And, if you don't have it, the writing suffers.
Grammar, spelling, punctuation... all become sloppy.
AND since I subscribe to the philosophy that a writer is generally known only through
the writing... I want whatever I commit to this blog to be the best I have to offer.
I do tend to deviate a bit from what I learned in school about proper English grammar.
Most all of my teachers would give me a failing grade here.
BUT... I try to convey my thoughts as if I'm speaking to someone, not writing them down.
When we speak, we use a different set of rules than when we write... speech is fluid,
and is usually accompanied by facial expressions and voice intonations that help convey the true meaning of what we're saying. It's hard to do that on paper... or, in
this case, on the screen.
I try.
Hope I'm successful.

-Fini

No comments:

Post a Comment