Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

20 MAY 09

A nice day, today.
Summer's waiting in the wings. You can just feel it.

Lately... don't know why, but I'm filled with nostalgia and melancholy.
Must be "old men's disease."


I'm dreaming of "home."


And thinking "if only" thoughts.


It's not right.


It's not wrong... either.


It just is.


“All he knew was that the years flow by like water, and that one day men come home again.” (T. Wolfe)


http://jmawelsh.blogspot.com/2011/07/poem-wine-rocking-chair-gray-cloudy-day.html 

_______________________________________________________
 

Last Sunday, I went to hug my eldest grandson when saying our good byes (He's 14)... found myself looking eye to eye with him... shook his hand instead. Had one of those "Tevia" moments (from "Fiddler On The Roof").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36R93Vk0nAY


______________________________________________________

American Idol...

I'd hoped that Adam could have won.
But in reality the two finalists were equals.
It was a "apples and oranges" comparison.
Adam, loud and brassy.
Kris, quiet and intense.
It's been speculated that Kris picked up votes that would have gone to Danny.
Don't know, don't care.
I just know that I loved Adam's showmanship.
Oh well... next year another show.

No comments:

Post a Comment